Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Currently.


Watching: My cable just got installed so I haven't been watching much. However, my mom gave us some movie tickets for Christmas and we are planning on watching Les Miserables at the cinema tonight. I love musicals! My husband isn't a big fan of them, but he says he's willing to sacrifice his ears for me. How sweet is that?!

Thinking about: Last year I failed miserably as a blogger! This year I really want to change that. I may not be blogging every single day this year, but I will put my effort to blog as much as possible. I've ran into so many sweet ladies in the blogging community, and it's definitely something I want to be part of. I'm looking to get inspired this year, and reading your blogs is one way for me to get the best inspiration. 

Listening to: Lately I've been listening to my vinyls more. While moving, I noticed that my records were getting dusty in the corner of my living room. When I first bought my record player, I would listen to my records everyday. Then I wasn't as excited as when I first bought it, and I started using my phone more. Emotional human nature. Hate it! A few of my records came with codes so I have them on my phone, but others didn't. Those are the ones that I've been playing! I especially love my Florence and the Machine Ceremonials record. If I could trade voices with any singer, it would definitely be her! I love her style too.

Reading: One of my new year's resolutions is to read more. I always start books, but never finish them. It's the emotional human nature in me... again! Well this year it's going out, out, out! Ever since last year, I've been wanting to read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without me? by Mindy Kaling. I just started reading it yesterday, and I'm already half way through the book! I love it! She is so funny, and I can relate to her so much. Really great read! I will probably be finished with this one very soon. Is there any books you guys are reading? I would love to hear about them and maybe read them myself this year.

Making me Happy: I am finally finished moving! This makes me happy/relieved! Yesterday was the last day we went to the old place to pick some stuff up. Now I can focus on cleaning up here, and making it homey. The fun part! There's already some personalization going on. I love it!


So what are you currently up to? I am looking forward to doing more of these "currently" posts this year. They are a fun way of updating each other! Thanks for the inspiration, Danielle!



16 comments:

  1. Lovely post :3
    www.analogicbea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Marlyn, such a great idea. I've been reading anything by Trudi Canavan recently, plus really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love and the sequel last year. Definitely recommended!
    I'll be back to read more, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about Eat, Pray, Love. I may have to see for myself! Thank you so much for tagging along! :)

      Delete
  3. Vry cute and I love your style ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is looking so pretty, good luck with your intention of reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's starting to feel more like home.

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog and it's super cute! I had to share it with a friend. :) Happy New Year!
    Mandy
    Nestled in Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet! Thank you so much! Happy new year to you!

      Delete
  6. I LOVEEEEEEED mindy's book!!! So, so funny! Especially when she talks about her funeral. I think it's towards the end, but i was crying. She's the best. I want to be BFF with her.

    Also, yes to trading voices with Florence + the machine. My gosh, she's amazing. I always say that I want to hire someone to just serenade me all day. Maybe trading voices would be better so I could just sing to myself. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You are the best! I haven't gotten to that part of the book, but she has had me cracking up so much that I feel like I may have abs (I wish).

      Delete
  7. First of all, you are beautiful, I love your hair and those glasses are amazing on you :) Oh, and your place is really cute too.
    Have a nice day, kisses...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff! Now I want to read Mindy Kaling's book. I wanted to read it since last year but never got around to it, but I think in 2013 I will. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is so beautiful, it just looks so fresh because it's so bright xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your iPhone case is lovely! - where's it from? ^.^

    ReplyDelete