Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello, anybody home?


Hello, everyone! Or should I say anyone? I don't blame anyone for not coming to see me here, because I have been such a bad blogger! I certainly have missed this little corner of the World Wide Web though. My excuse is life. Life has been quite hectic in every way lately... Physically and emotionally.

Physically, because I have been working on a healthier lifestyle. I've been practicing the act of eating right and exercising which I hadn't done in so long! I've lost 8 pounds because of it! It doesn't seem like a lot, but I feel so much better. I've been learning so much about nutrition too. I've been going green and it feels so good! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. Finding healthy foods to eat and staying active is so much fun. I was so used to spending all of my free time in front of a television. Now I do fun things like go on bike rides, and sweat my butt off on my elliptical machine. My husband has done dramatically awesome progress though! He lost 40 pounds! I'm really proud of him. He is one of the most determined and amazing people I know. I love him. <3

Emotionally, I have been trying to stay positive even though the going can get tough sometimes. I have been a worry bug since the day I was born, but recently I have been realizing that worrying fixes nothing at all. Doing something does. So I try my best in everything that I do. That is all I can do. I also have a great God who is by my side at all times. I repeat this verse in my head: "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phillippians 4:13. God is with me, and I have nothing to fear. He is the only one who can lead me through the perfect path.

I feel like I've been doing lots of growing. Growing hurts, but MUST happen. So lets do this thing!

Well today is Saturday and of course that means it is a fun day! I didn't do much, but it didn't make it any less fun. And of course I dressed up to hang out at home. Being home is definitely a high-heel worthy event!



Dress: Forever 21
Belt: Thrifted
Tights: Forever 21
Shoes: Thrifted



I also have a new addiction: sewing! I bought a cheap little sewing machine at Joann's around two weeks ago, and I love it! I've been making bows like crazy! I even made a little crop top for myself. Thank God for the lack of 8 pounds or I may look crazy in this shirt. I still look kinda crazy because... I am crazy.



Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! As wonderful as all of you are! I will try to update more often. I missed you all way too much! Okay, bye! <3

10 comments:

  1. hey lovely! i've missed you <3 sorry to hear you're a worrier too (i am as well... it's hard)
    i hope things are going ok.
    lovely to see an update here from you. lovely photos, you're so cute! i hope you are having happy days xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth! You are the sweetest! Yes, worrying is no fun. Got to get this compulsive worrying in control!

      Delete
  2. Love your outfits, always. I'm a worry bug too. I always try to remember faith over fear. Its like my new mantra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely! Wise words! I think it'll be my new mantra too!

      Delete
  3. Great to hear from you! I understand life gets way crazy sometimes and the blog can take the backseat. It's happened to me several times as well.
    Kudos on losing 8 pounds! That's a big deal! And major kudos to your hubby! :) Y'all both look great and so cute in the pics on IG.
    And you know I already think you look absolutely adorable in all your outties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww! Thank you, Roni! You sweet sweet lady! <3

      Delete
  4. Your hair is soo pretty!
    I am so happy I found your blog, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete