Tuesday, July 31, 2012

In the sun

Hello Sunshines! Hope everyone had a great Monday! I had a quite sunny one. This week is actually supposed to be one of the hottest this Summer. Today proved the weatherman to be right. I was so close to wearing a cardigan until I realized that the temperature outside is probably crazy compared to the temperature my heaven sent A/C gives me. So I decided to wear something a little lighter. When I think light material, I think lace. I love lace! It's so feminine, fun, and comfy! And of course, I wore it under a dress! Dresses as my favorite.... especially for the Summer!

Dress: Charlotte Russe
Shirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Thrifted

Since it was so sunny outside I thought I would bring out some flowers from my closet to give them some sun. I wore a floral print dress and my beloved floral print oxfords. Sorry about the lighting in the pictures. I think the sun wanted to part of my pictures as well! :P

I went on a date night tonight too. It was a bit of a crazy day so we went to un-manic our Monday at Red Robin.

That place is always so amazing! They have the best fries and their freckled lemonade is the best! We also went to go watch the new Madea movie. It was hilarious! I was laughing the whole time! Go watch it!

Well I am off to sleep, loves! I leave you with the video to one of my favorite songs, which was also the soundtrack to my day!

8 comments:

  1. i love dresses too and this one is super lovely!
    i'm glad to hear you're happy and having a good week. i hope you have a good tuesday! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear! I hope you're having a great Tuesday as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Beyond cute! The floral print oxfords complete the look perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's funny because I was wondering what shoes would go good with the outfit and my husband suggested these! He's definitely the one! :P

      Delete
  3. Marlyn, you are always so cute! I love lace tops and have a white one from Free People that I got two summers ago that's dying for me to take her out! Thanks for reminding me ;)
    Dresses are the only way to go in the summer! My girlfriend/upstairs neighbor Lissi has been asking me if she'll ever see me in jeans since I wear dresses (with tights & cardis) throughout the brutal winters here, too! hehe I do throw a jeans day in there too, but I can count on one hand how many times I've done that in the last year! LOL Dresses4Life! haha
    And omg, Red Robin is the ISH! I love their fries (endless, yes please!) and strawberry lemonade! I always add extra seasoning on my fries. ;)
    Also, that She & Him song is one of my faves! Reminds me of a couple years ago when I played their albums like every day! Ahh, I shall rekindle my affair with that band, like today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you! Little Red Bowtalk! Marlyn Pena you are adorable and a dream! Linking you up right this instant!

    Heather
    http://lostindrawers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE, YOU HAVE A VERY NICE BLOG!!!

    XO, Adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete