Monday, June 25, 2012

While thrifting...

Today was full of adventures, but they weren't just any kind of adventures... They were thrifting adventures! Only the best kind! So I thought I had to dress for the occasion. I wore my thrifting sailor uniform and off I sailed into the sea of thrift stores.
Actually I only went to two of them and that is all I needed to feel lucky! First, I went to the American Cancer Society Discovery Shop in Modesto. There I found two seasons of Madmen! I didn't understand why anyone would want to get rid of them, but I sure wasn't complaining. I met some of the sweetest ladies there, and even convinced them to watch Mad Men. Lets hope Don Draper's antics don't seem to overboard for them! :P
Then I went to The Hope Chest. I always find the best things at those thrift stores. I find the name so fitting as well! When I was about to leave, I ran into one of the loveliest food warmers that has ever existed! I just went on and went to checkout with my mom. I was empty-handed and my mom was just paying for some pretty shoes she found. Long story short, I couldn't leave without my food warmer!
I'm sure you can see why! I loved how retro it looked! I would love to decorate my house with colors like these! Ah, I had a great day! Well veni, vidi, vici! Now it's time to sleep... goodnight lovelies! <3

4 comments:

  1. Great finds! I want to know how the first two seasons of Mad Men wound up in a thrift store?? Seriously?! Who wouldn't want to keep that?? Lucky for you! And that food warmer is beautiful!

    xx Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! <3
    I love thrifting :)
    Hooray for Mad Men, that's a great find!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That retro food warmer is so cool! What a find!

    ReplyDelete