Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer.

According to Google, Summer starts on June 13, 2012.... BUT Everyday of this week has felt like summer to me! Sure the weather has been a little crazy, but I guess my definition of summer is a bit different than that of Webster's Dictionary. To me, Summer is about going out on spontaneous road trips, staying up late watching our favorite movies and playing video games, celebrating awesome weather with a Popsicle out in the backyard... Summer is about enjoying the things and the people that you love the most. When I go out on walks, I see kids playing outside without a care in the world. Sometimes we get so caught up in life that we forget to just enjoy it! This shouldn't just be a Summer thing, of course. We should have a "Summer moment" everyday... even in the coldest day of winter. It just seems that Summer is just filled with more of those great moments more than any other season.

This week has been full of "Summer moments", and it's barely Thursday. Yesterday I went to go watch Snow White and the Huntsman with my hubby and my mommy. A date with two of my favorite people in the whole world... It was great! The movie was really good too! Go watch it! It was a spontaneous thing... I just happened to dress up Snow Whitesque and thought "Hey! Lets go watch Snow White!" Spontaneous events are always the funnest, especially when you're with the people you love! Here's the so-called Snow White outfit.


I had a "summer moment" today too! Let me Introduce her to you!

Her name is Florence, and she is a German Shepard puppy. She's very loveable and sweet! I'm sure she'll be on this blog a lot now that she's part of the family. We had so much fun with her today. We pretty much spent the whole day outside with her. We took her a bath, ran around the backyard with her, rolled in the grass with her.... we even bonded for a little bit smelling the flowers.

She's feeling a bit out of her zone right now, but we're hoping she gets used to us soon. We love her so much already! I hope you all had many summer moments today! If you haven't, make them happen! You're never too busy for a "Summer Moment".

4 comments:

  1. Florence is ADORABLE! German Shepards are such great pups. Can't wait to see her more on the blog/instagram :) Glad to hear the movie was so good...we are going to see it either tomorrow for our anniversary OR next weekend for my birthday :) Have a great rest of the weekend!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Happy anniversary, lovely! So many exciting events coming up for you!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty dresses and Florence is such a cutie pie!
    I love getting to hang out with my mommy, too. Yesterday we went to the mall and then watched a ton of tv together while eating snacks. Then we talked all night till we finally passed out. :) I'm visiting her and my family right now and I don't get to see them but twice, sometimes three times a year for a couple weeks. I love doing these little mother daughter things with her. I can't wait till my hubby flies in to do them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! How sweet! Sounds like we're both mommas girls! Family time is definitely the best! Hope you have tons more fun, lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete